Skip to content
Rimsavers Fitting Instructions
- Using 3M IPA cleaning wipes provided, clean alloy wheel rims.
- Using 3M 06396 Adhesion promoter pads provided, thoroughly coat wheel rims where RIMSAVERS will fit.
- Allow adhesion promoter to dry for five minutes.
- Remove red backing tape and apply RIMSAVERS using top lip as a fitting guide. Mark with pencil and cut where ends meet.
- Apply very firm pressure to ensure RIMSAVERS have bonded.
- Optional fitting kit. Use adhesive provided to glue joining pieces over gap where ends meet.
- Let tape bond for 24 hours before driving above 40mph. 100% bond takes 72 hours. • Do not fit in cold or damp conditions unless you use warm air to dry and warm wheel surface.
- Any primer residue left on wheels can be removed with IPA wipes.
- RIMSAVERS will not stick to wheels coated that have been ceramic coated.
- RIMSAVERS will not stick to silicone residue left on wheels from tyre shine (use our tyre shine remover).
- Inspect on a regular basis and replace if damaged.
Watch Our Rimsavers Fitting Video:
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.